Happy New Year to all! I want to second Andy in thanking you all for your time and eyeballs.
I may be an end-of-holidays grinch, but I’m not immune to the list-making pull of a year ending and another beginning. Here’s a list of the pieces I’m most glad I saw in 2008, both downtown and otherwise, in no particular order:
- Elevator Repair Service’s The Sound and the Fury (April Seventh, 1928 ) at NYTW
- Garden of Earthly Delights at Minetta Lane – still running through March 1, go go go!
- Blasted at Soho Rep
- The TEAM’s Particularly in the Heartland – and I’m crazy excited for the NY premiere of their new piece Architecting, both at UTR and PS122
- Sibyl Kempson’s Crime or Emergency at Soho Rep (update: Dixon Place! thanks, early-onset Alzheimer’s)
- Rupert Goold’s Macbeth at BAM
- Radiohole’s Anger/Nation at The Kitchen
- Adding Machine at Minetta Lane
- 1927’s Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea at PS122
- Ivo Van Hove’s Opening Night at BAM
- Mike Daisey’s If You See Something, Say Something at Joe’s Pub
- Enda Walsh’s The Walworth Farce at St Ann’s
What a year! Now the APAP rush and more. Here’s to a prosperous 2009!