THE CREATIVE PRODUCERS WORKSHOP
Getting your ideas out into the world is hard work.
I teach creative producing as a philosophy & the skills you need to do it well.
Workshops start about every four weeks. Apply and join a growing community of artists and producers pioneering a new way of making work.
NEW SESSION STARTING SOON
I teach in a very hands-on, personal way. In order to maintain that level of individual attention, workshop size is limited to 10 participants.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE PRODUCERS WORKSHOP
Producing is a creative practice and creative producing is about invention & problem solving and finding surprising answers in unexpected places. Producing skills are inseparable from writing, performing, directing, scenography, dramaturgy or any other component of performance making and a good producer is often the difference between a great project and a mediocre one.
This workshop is for early-career self-producing artists, aspiring independent creative producers, curators or anyone who wants to learn more about how to navigate the difficult process of project development, management and implementation independently or with institutions.
- A philosophy of producing as a creative practice
- Practical Skills for End-to-End Project Development (Research, Planning, Budgeting & Production)
- Identifying & Acquiring Resources (basic fundraising and grant writing skills, finding space)
- Best Practices for Producers
- Peer Networking & Community Building
- Brainstorm New Models & New Projects
- Share Experiences & Practical Knowledge
- Develop an actionable plan for your project and your career
- Increase your knowledge of the field and emerging trends
Andy Horwitz is a writer, curator & creative producer with over twenty years of experience in the for-profit and not-for-profit creative sectors. He is the founder & publisher of Culturebot.org and has curated and produced festivals and projects for LMCC, Performance Space 122 and more. For information visit www.andyhorwitz.com
Apply for the workshop here: