Volunteers Wanted for Teatro Stagefest
My friend Shoshana just sent this in:
As TeatroStageFest is fast approaching (June 2-15) we are eager to recruit additional interns, volunteers, and assistants interested in working behind the scenes at an exciting theater festival that for the second year in a row will feature:
- eight great local and international productions (Colombia, Chile, Argentina and Spain) at venues city-wide,
- two concerts and a comedy performance at Joe’s Pub,
- three artist panels at Instituto Cervantes and two TimesTalks at the New York Times Center, and
- the awards ceremony at The Apollo recognizing the best three new plays — selected out of 82 submissions by high school students to our playwriting competition. There will also be a staged reading of the first prize.
Please send this email along to any person interested in being part of a team of caring professionals. Note that all volunteers will be provided free admission to most events at TeatroStageFest. To learn more about our organization, go to www.teatrostagefest.org <http://www.teatrostagefest.org> Visit www.youtube.org <http://www.youtube.org> (keyword: teatrostagefest) to view a short video with highlights of the inaugural TeatroStageFest 2007.
More details after the jump…
There are some of the areas that we need help with:
- Assisting Susana Tubert, Executive Producer, with correspondence, setting up meetings, managing calendar, returning calls, finalizing proposals, and personal outreach. Looking to fill this position ASAP. We may be able to provide a stipend.
- Assisting Michael Palma, Managing Director, with overseeing all productions and managing relations with partnering venues and artists
- Assisting Javier Gomez, Marketing Director, with strategic outreach to community based organizations to promote advance group discounted ticket sales, press at events.
- Assisting Emily Erstling, Associate Producer, with coordinating artist panel series, Opening Night Celebration and Reception, VIP guest list, front of house signage, etc.
- Assisting Shoshana Polanco, Company Manager & Volunteer Coordinator, with organizing welcoming packets for artists, coordinating pick ups at the airport, recruiting and overseeing volunteers and welcoming “guides” during TSF.
- Assisting Production Managers as part of a support crew team during tech, back stage during performances, and for load in and strike of the shows.
If you want to have fun and learn all about the workings of the theater, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: volunteer/assistant or call 212.695-4010. Please specify your area of interest, availability, and include your resume. We will call you to schedule a meeting at our office on East 27th Street between Lex and 3rd Avenue in Manhattan. We are looking for individuals that can make a commitment and share our enthusiasm for this “little-huge” festival called TeatroStageFest!