Five Questions For: Sheila Callaghan
Name: Sheila Callaghan
1. Where did you grow up and how did you end up where you are now?
Freehold NJ. Came here after college with a gradschool detour in Los Angeles at UCLA.
2. Which performance, song, play, movie, painting or other work of art had the biggest influence on you and why?
Hard question. Probably The Zoo Story by Albee.
3. What skill, talent or attribute do you most wish you had and why?
I wish I was better at sports, and I wish I was taller.
4. What do you do to make a living? Describe a normal day.
I teach when I can. Mornings: I wake up, make breakfast for my baby, feed him and play with him until the sitter comes around noon, then I run errands or take meetings or try to work.
5. Have you ever had to make a choice between work and art? What did you choose, why, and what was the outcome?
No, because I never wrote for a living. I did visual design and wrote in my spare time.