and don't forget Japan Society
Also part of APAP is Japan Society’s 13th Annual Contemporary Dance Showcase featuring work from Japan + East Asia.
One of the most anticipated dance programs in New York, this year’s line-up includes:
• Company Derashinera, acclaimed for its surreal take on everyday life and led by mime-trained choreographer Shuji Onodera (formerly of Company Mizuto Abura).
• The funky, playful company KIKIKIKIKIKI, led by butoh-trained Kitamari, presents Omedeto (Congratulations) [U.S. Debut]
• Masako Yasumoto’s coquettish and frenetic male/female duet slap, pat, suck. [U.S. Debut]
• The hip-hop inspired LDP (Laboratory Dance Project), with their deliciously dynamic and unruly all-male group dance No Comment [U.S. Debut]
• WCdance, led by choreographer WenChung Lin, a former dancer with Bill T. Jones, with their fusion of traditional Chinese music and intense movement in the romantic Small Nanguan. [U.S. Debut]
Friday, January 8, 7:30 PM
Saturday, January 9, 7:30 PM
$22/$18 Japan society members
APAP Presenters please call (212) 715-1276 for industry reservations. Tickets are not guaranteed until confirmed.