Culturebot Needs an Editorial Intern
Culturebot is looking for an editorial intern in New York to help with editorial tasks centered on covering the fall season. The role requires 8-10 hours of work a week, most of it remotely. Hours are flexible but we need to have a sense of when you’re available to perform tasks in order to ensure that deadlines are met. We further appreciate that internships are intended as a means to an end for the intern, and therefore applicants should identify a topic or area of interest they wish to engage with during their internship which will be developed into a task or series of tasks to further the intern’s goals during the course of your work with us.
- Managing editorial calendars and facilitating coverage with our contributors
- Proofreading and publishing articles through our Content System (wordpress)
- Assisting in researching stories
- Identifying subjects, writing, and publishing certain recurring stories (such as our “5 Questions” column)
- Managing email newsletter publishing and distribution
The ideal applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
- An interest in the field of contemporary performance (live art, theater and/or dance) with a particular focus on performance as a live event and distinct practice from more traditional performing arts models
- An interest in writing and editing, including at least one work sample
- Have some knowledge of standard editing processes
- Basic knowledge of HTML and blogging software preferred but not required
- Be located in the New York area with internet access
- Have a sense of where you want to develop in this field
Applicants should send letters of interest, CV’s, and work samples to editors(at)culturebot.org by August 30, 2012.